My family and I went to Orlando for Christmas. We had the chance to go to several Latin bakeries. I was surprised to find one of the most Authentic Latin Bakeries that I have had here in the US: Fortuna Bakery. The bakery brought back many memories of the different delicious pastries that I used to eat back home. Every time my family and I went to the bakery one of us would order one of these Sweet puff pastries, we call it “Pastel Gloria”. Pastel Gloria has guava sweet inside, you can also add cheese, and/or dulce de leche.
Now, I have been wanting to improve my baking skills and I made my own Puff pastry dough. You can either make your own puff pastry dough following this youtube video or you can buy it in the store and cut the prep time.
I had so much fun making these little pastries, I hope you do as well!
1 Package of Puff Pastry
All Purpose Flour
130 gr of Guava Sweet
1 egg (Beaten)
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- On a clean counter, lay down a generous coating of flour, then flatten the dough until it is 1/8″ to 1/4″ thick.
- Cut the dough with a cookie cutter.
- In a baking pan lay flat the puff pastry, then place a small portion of guava sweet in the center of the dough.
- Brush the beaten egg on the edges
- Lay flat another layer of the puff pastry.
- Seal the edges of the puff pastry using a fork.
- Refrigerate the pastry for an hour
- Brush the top of the pastries with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Lightly brush the tops pastries with beaten egg and sprinkle sugar over top.
- Bake for 2 minutes. Let cool, so the guava sweet isn’t molten hot and enjoy!