Something that I always get a craving, when summer is around the corner, is a Popsicle. It always starts around the time I see those Fla-Vor-Ice tubes popping up in the grocery stores. While those are are tempting, my cravings lean more towards the creamier side of Popsicle. Like a fudgesicle or fruit pop. Frequently, I seem to be stuck there, in the freezer section, staring at the options, and debating.
Well, no more debating. Half and half, I say. With this recipe, you get both. First a strawberry fruit pop and the second half a fudgesicle. The strawberry pops are very simple with just coconut milk, frozen strawberries, and a touch of sugar. The fudgesicle portions are almost as simple with cocoa powder, coconut milk, bananas, salt and vanilla extract. If you want to mix it up a bit you can substitute the strawberries with mango, or another frozen fruit.
Strawberry pop – Ingredients
1 + 1/2 Cup of Frozen Strawberries
1 Can of coconut milk (I prefer full fat, as it provides a creamer texture)
2 tbsp of sugar
Fudgesicle – Ingredients
2 tbsp coca powder
1/2 cup of coconut milk
2 very ripe bananas
pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp of Vanilla
Lite Agave syrup to taste ( I use 1 tbsp)
- Blend all the ingredients required for the strawberry pops together.
- Pour the strawberry pop mixture into the molds, filling them half-way.
- Place the molds in the freezer and the the strawberry pops solidify.
- Blend all the ingredients required for the fudgsicles.
- Fill the the remaining space not occupied by the frozen strawberry pops with the fudgsicle mixture
- Place back in the freezer, once solidified enjoy!