I’m a big fan of cake and chocolate covered strawberries… So why not blend them together? The cake is fluffy and soft, and the chocolate is crunchy
After I made it, I thought this would be perfect for Easter. Here is a fun recipe to share with friends and family.
3/4 Cup of Sugar
6 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
3 egg whites
2 Tbsp of Sour Cream
1/8 Cup of Milk
1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup of Reduced Strawberry
Red Food coloring (Optional)
1 Cup Cake Flour
1 Tsp of Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp of Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp of Salt
1/2 Package Strawberry Gelating
1 Cup of Dark Chocolate
- Use a food processor to puree about 15 strawberries.
- On high heat, cook strawberries until water evaporates.
- Measure about 1/2 cup of reduced the strawberry.
- Let the reduction cool.
- Mix sugar, unsalted butter, egg whites, sour cream, milk, vanilla extract, strawberry reduction, and food coloring (Optional).
- In a separate bowl, combine cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, strawberry gelatin, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and whisk until everything is well-mixed.
- Pour the cake batter in the cake pop baking molds.
- Bake cake pops at 350F for 13 min.
- While the cake pops are cooling down, melt a cup of dark chocolate.
- After the cake pops are cool, dip the cake pop in the melted chocolate.
- Let the cake pop rest until the chocolate is solidified.