Every time I go to Starbucks and see their sous vide egg bites, I think of my husbands aunt. Back in KC about every 3 months his Aunt and I would get together and go out all day shopping. We always had quite a bit of fun. Inevitably we would stop for a coffee at and grab a snack. She would always rave about the sous vide egg bites.
Sous vide egg bites are a great little breakfast that you can make a couple and eat throughout the week. I usually just grab one out of the fridge before work, throw on whatever topping I have in the fridge on it, and place it in the microwave for about 40 seconds. It is a fast and delicious breakfast that is hard to beat.
1 Cup Cottage cheese
Topping of Choice ( I like cherry tomatoes, any type of cheese, salsa…)
- Prepare your sous-vide by setting it to 185 F
- Combine the eggs and cottage cheese in a bowl.
- Use a hand blender to mix well.
- Place the egg mixture into about 5, 4oz glass jars and place the lid on.
- Place in sous vide for 25 minutes.
- Add toppings. Picture is cheese that I place under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until nice and bubbly. Then I added some cherry tomatoes.