When I was in college, my mom used to visit me every month. I loved her visits, because I got to eat one of the best recipes that mom learned growing up. During her visits, my mom and I used to go together to the supermarket buy a bunch of potatoes and chicken and we would have a full meal.
This soup is one of my mom’s favorite meals as well. This is probably because every time we visited my grandma, after an 8 hour drive, she would welcome us with a warm delicious cup of this soup.
I’m glad my mom and I inherited this recipe and now I can share it here.
- 7 Cups of Water
- 3 Green Onions
- 2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 5 Peeled and Sliced Red Medium Potatoes
- 5 Peeled and Sliced Golden Potatoes
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Corn on the Cobs, Cut in Half
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup of Capers
- 1 Cup of Heavy Cream
- In a large pot add water, green onions, red potatoes, golden potatoes, corn, chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it.
- on high heat, cook the other ingredients for 30 more minutes or until the thicken.
- Serve soup and add chicken, capers, and heavy cream on the top.