Last weekend I went to Tijuana, and Ensenada, a beautiful drive from San Diego, by the way. Being able to go in a day to Mexico is one of my favorite things about living in San Diego. It’s amazing to have a quick trip to Mexico, eat delicious food at a great price, have fun, and go back home on the same day. I wish my stomach was bigger because the food is so delicious. I didn’t want to stop eating. I definitely need to wear my EXTRA-stretchy pants so I am able to eat more lol.
My husband and I went with friends that grew up in Tijuana and they shared with us their favorite restaurant to eat Menudo soup, bread, tamales, and seafood. We also went to a fair and they had the most unique treats and this mole paste. When I saw that my friend was excited to find it, I really wanted to try it as well… so here we are!
I had a good time exploring this new recipe and I was surprised that it was really easy to make. Only a few ingredients, you are going to love it!
6 to 8 chicken drumsticks
6 Cups of Water
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 Cup Mole Paste
- Place Drumsticks, Onion, Water, Salt and Pepper in a large stockpot
- Bring the water up to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Until chicken is fully cooked
- Separate the chicken from water but reserve the water to make the Mole sauce.
- Mix mole paste and 1 1/2 cups of the reserved water in a medium-sized saucepot. Heat the liquid on low and continue to mix until it is thick and smooth.
- Cover the chicken in Mole and serve!