I love watching silly youtube videos after work. It helps me to relax and get ready to sleep. One of the youtube channels that I follow is Worth It. Those three guys are funny, have a great taste of food, and helps me to discover different places that I could visit in other cities. One of their episodes, they tried french fries at three different price ranges. All the fries look amazing and worth a try, but the most interesting one (to me) was the kimchi fries.
I made Kimchi couple days ago, and have been eating it whenever I can. After seeing this episode of Worth It and having all the ingredients, I decided to give a shot… I didn’t expect these fries were going to be SO YUMMY. I mean, I love Kimchi and french fries, but I didn’t think this was going to go so great together.
I really wish I could describe the flavors…. But I’ll have to say you need to try it. Below my recipe or you can also get them at the restaurant (lov, Montreal, QC).
If you are curious, here are the other 2 restaurants they tried:
Top Round Roast Beef (Los Angeles, CA), they have hand cut curly fries. Fried in beef fat, which gives lots a flavor and different layers of flavors and texture.
Poutineville, (Montreal, QC), you can get of fries with different types of toppings.
Ingredients for the potatoes
2 Large Potatoes (Cut into wedges)
1/4 Cup of butter (Melted)
Salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F
- In a large pot, add water and bring it to boil.
- Add potato wedges and boil for 3 minutes.
- After boiling the potatoes, drain and dry the potatoes.
- In a baking pan, place the potatoes wedges and add melted butter on top. Make sure, the butter covers the potatoes evenly.
- Bake from 15 minutes. flip the potatoes, and bake for other 15 minutes.
Ingredients for kIMCHI sAUCE
2 Tbs of Veganaise
2 Tsp of The Liquid from Kimchi
1/8 Tsp of garlic
1/8 Tbs of Sugar
3 Drops of Sriracha
1 Tsp of Sesame Oil
Directions for Kimchi sAUCE
- Mix all ingredients.
Ingredients for additional toppings
2 Tbs of Kimchi (Or to taste)
Directions to assemble the fries
- Serve fries in a bowl or plate.
- Drizzle kimchi sauce on top of the fries.
- Add kimchi on top.