I know it is probably easier to just go to the store and buy one of those frozen Vegan burger patties, instead of making them. But to me, there is nothing better than what I can make at home. This burger patty is delicious, it has garbanzo beans, tofu, and mushrooms… lots of protein. You will feel as full as when you eat a non-vegan/non-vegetarian burger but much healthier.
I love the combination of the spices, which makes it perfect to eat them as a “Mediterranean style” burger. I use hummus, tomatoes, tzatziki sauce, and feta cheese as toppings. Also, I like to pan-fry these patties to make a crispy texture. Plus, It only takes about 30 minutes to have a delicious vegan burger patty. This recipe is for everybody: vegan, vegetarian and carnivore that wants to increase their consumption of veggies.
I hope you like these patties as much as I do!
Olive Oil as Needed
1/2 Medium Onion (Diced)
3 Cups (8 Oz) of Baby Bella Mushrooms (Sliced)
340 gr (12 Oz) of Firm Tofu
2 Cups of Garbanzo Beans
5 Black Olives (Sliced)
1/2 Cup of Bread Crumbs
1/8 Cup of Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
2 Tsp of Turmeric
1 Tsp of Ground Ginger
1 Tsp of Oregano
1 Tsp of Thyme
1 Tsp of Rosemary
1/8 Tsp of Nutmeg
1/8 Tsp of Chili Pepper
1/8 Tsp of Black Pepper
1 Tsp of salt (or to taste)
- Press the tofu for 10 minutes to remove the excess water.
- After most of the water has been drained, crumble the tofu with your hands.
- In a large sauce pan, add olive oil, onions, tofu, and Baby Bella mushrooms. Cook until tender, on medium heat.
- Into a large bowl, transfer the cooked onions, tofu, and Baby Bella mushrooms.
- Add garbanzo beans,olives, red bell pepper, turmeric, ground ginger, oregano, thyme, rosemary, nutmeg, chili pepper, black pepper, and salt.
- Using a fork mash all ingredients until desired texture.
- Add bread crumbs, and mix all ingredients.
- Form the patties and pan fry.