Chocolate covered gummies are one of my favorite candies. One of the things that I love about making gummies is that you can personalized this recipe as much as you want: You can change the consistency of the gummy by adding more or less gelatin; or you can play with coating and try different toppings like powered sugar or tartaric acid; you can also have a 100 flavors, colors, and shapes.
Gummies always bring me great memories of my childhood and college. Me and two of my girl friends used to study together for hours. One of the must have snacks were chocolate covered gummies, to keep our energy high :)!
Since Saint Patrick’s Day is coming I thought I should make San Patrick’s Day theme chocolate cover gummies.
- 3 Knox Gelatin Envelope
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 1/2 Cup + 1/8 Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup + 1/8 Cup of Corn Syrup
- Food Coloring
- Flavoring Oil
- Melting Chocolate
- In a medium size bowl, add water and knox gelating. Mix quickly to avoid the gelatin from clumping.
- In another bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup.
- In a mason jar, add the sugar and corn syrup mix, and then add the gelatin.
- Slightly tighten the mason jar lid so it’s possible to open with your finger tips. Sous Vide at 167F for 1 hour.
- When the hour is up, remove the white foam from the top of the gelatin and stir until everything is well-mixed.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the mixture in a squeeze bottle with narrow tip and add flavoring oil and food coloring to taste.
- Pour mix in silicone molds and refrigerate for 1.5 hours. I typically use silicone molds that are made for chocolate.
- After the gummies are ready, melt chocolate and dip the gummies in the melted chocolate until all surfaces are covered.
- Let the gummies rest until the chocolate is completely solidified.
- Share with friends!