Early September was a time to celebrate. I have been studying for far too long. Finally, I took the last test I need to obtain my professional engineering license in California. I decided to treat my self to what I call an “adult cheesecake“. This cheesecake is lighter on the palate than traditional cheesecake and much less sweet, Also it is very easy to make, probably THE easiest cheesecake recipe. This is because you don’t have to make a crust, and everything is mixed in one bowl. It was fun to make and eat, so I definitely recommend giving it a shot. Let me know what you think!
2 lbs cream cheese (room temp)
1 1/2 cups sugar
6 Large Eggs
2 Cups Heavy Cream
1 tps Kosher Salt
1 tps Vanilla Extract
Zest of 4 lemons
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pre-Heat Oven to 400 F and Line a 10 inch round springform pan with 2 sheets of parchment paper. The parchment paper should be at least 2 inches from the top of the pan on all sides.
- In a mixer, on medium speed, mix together cream cheese and sugar until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Thoroughly mix each egg before adding the next
- Add cream, salt vanilla, and lemon zest until combined.
- Turn off the mixer. Then sift the flour over the top of the mixture. Then beat on low until all is incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- With a rubber spatula, go ahead and give the mixture, a short, hand mixing ensuring all is combined and then transfer the mixture to your prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes until golden brown, the center will still be very jiggly. Remove from oven and let cool unit room temperature.
- Once room temperature, remove the form of the pan and carefully remove the parchment paper. Then Enjoy!