It’s hard not to think about my grandpa when I eat these corn cakes. He helped one of his friends open an “
When I graduated from High school, I lived close to grandpa and we used to eat “Arepa con
- 1 Cup of water
- 1 Cup of precooked corn flour
- 1 Envelope of Goya Sazon con Azafran
- 1/8 tsp of sugar
- Salt to taste
- 4 eggs
- Heat up water in the microwave for 1 minute or until the water is warm.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, Goya Sazon con Azafran, sugar, and salt).
- Add water into the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is uniform.
- Divide dough in 4 equal balls.
- To create the flat circular shape, flatten them use a cutting board or even tortilla press. They should be about 1/4 in thick. Do this for all the 4 Arepas (corn cakes). You can see the final shape pictured above.
- Fry each arepa (corn cake) for about 2 minutes or until the dough puffs.
- Open a little hole on the side as shown in the picture above. Basically, we are trying to create a little pouch for the egg.
- Crack an egg into a cup with a point, to make easy pouring the egg into the arepa (corn cake)
- Carefully pour the egg inside the arepa (corn cake)
- Fry the arepa (corn cake) for 2-3 min and enjoy!